Damen Engineering Gdansk is a competence center for engineering to order one offs and prototype vessels with a strong drive for optimizing ship performance. Being part of the “Damen family” with years of experience gave us a chance to participate in challenging projects and innovative technical solutions.
We are lucky to have 150 passionate and enthusiastic employees. Our team consists of Naval Architects, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers who are supported by a strong team of Project Managers and Supply Chain Specialists.
We are set up to be involved into the engineering process from the moment when an idea is generated by the client to the vessel delivery. We are responsible for transforming the initial design into a complete and practicable engineering package. The experienced engineering department is also involved during the production phase of each ship and provides support as necessary. Close collaboration with the client during the whole process allows us to quickly respond to any changes and ensure we are delivering tailor made solutions.
For this vacancy we are open to applications of experienced specialists. Project Planner holds a critical role in managing schedule of ongoing shipbuilding projects, using MS Project. In this role you will be responsible to provide management team with the clarity on the progress towards key milestones to ensure project goals can be achieved. As Project Planner you will work closely with the project team to track and monitor progress against the plan throughout the life of the project. Part of your daily work will be to analyses information, report progress, slippage and highlight areas of risk and opportunity to the project team. You will also be expected to provide expert advice, train and develop Project Support Office team members on planning skills and processes.
- Work independently on the production, updating, monitoring, reviewing and analysing of project schedules using MS Project.
- Produce fully resourced project schedules developed in cooperation with the Project Managers and Project Team.
- Maintain project schedules with actual and forecast progress, percent completes and report earned value and KPI’s through the duration of projects.
- Liaise with, and feedback to Lead Engineers and Project Managers on progress and impact ensuring full visibility of the project schedules and implications of changes.
- Monitor and analyses information, reporting progress, slippage and highlighting areas of risk and opportunity.
- Propose solutions to mitigate potential progress issues and conflicts.
- Challenge and test project assumptions, analyses different scenarios to ensure that plans are realistic and achievable.
- Supporting Project Support Office and Project Team in reporting.
- Taking part in development of processes and tools used within Project Support Office.
- Close cooperation with Engineering Team, Purchasing as well as external partners.
- Provide expert advice on planning process throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Developing planning skills amongst other Project Support Office team members.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor or Master degree.
- Professional experience as Project Planner in complex engineering projects.
- Good working knowledge of MS Project, Project Online and Project Server (PWA).
- Good working knowledge in the use of Earned Value Management and how to apply this in a major project environment, to mitigate delays and forecast overruns.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and reporting skills.
- Very good MS Office skills.
- Very good command of English in speaking and writing.
- Ability to work both as a team player and individually.
- Planning, prioritizing and organizing skills.
- Attention to details.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Employment agreement.
- Taking part in ambitious and creative projects.
- Friendly and open team of colleagues.
- Stable employment in a leading company in shipbuilding industry.
- Work in a luxury office in Alchemia complex in Gdansk.
- Benefits including: life insurance, private medical care package and sports’ cards.
- Holiday leave bonus.
- Ability to work 2 days a week from home.
- Fun and integrating initiatives in and outside the office.