Damen Engineering Gdansk is a competence center for engineering to order one offs and prototype vessels with a strong drive for optimizing ship performance. Being part of the “Damen family” with years of experience gave us a chance to participate in challenging projects and innovative technical solutions.
We are lucky to have 130 passionate and enthusiastic employees. Our team consists of Naval Architects, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers who are supported by a strong team of Project Managers and Supply Chain Specialists.
We are set up to be involved into the engineering process from the moment when an idea is generated by the client to the vessel delivery. We are responsible for transforming the initial design into a complete and practicable engineering package. The experienced engineering department is also involved during the production phase of each ship and provides support as necessary. Close collaboration with the client during the whole process allows us to quickly respond to any changes and ensure we are delivering tailor made solutions.
Lead Engineer holds a critical role in leading outfitting discipline project team as well as monitoring the project progress in regards to supervised discipline in compliance with adopted standards and customer requirements.
- Defining required drawings, calculations and technical documentation, based on project assumptions and other available information.
- Determining the schedule and hourly budgets for project documentation.
- Ensuring the implementation of project tasks in accordance with the requirements of the Client and the Classification Society, and taking into account the production requirements.
- Realization of project tasks in accordance with the schedule and planned budget.
- Coordination of project work performed by engineers and external partners.
- Assigning, coordinating and performing project activities in the time allotted and in accordance with accepted quality standards.
- Clarifying technical inquiries from the Purchasing, Customers and Production.
- Support and cooperation with internal and external stakeholders on technical aspects and questions.
- Providing instructions and supervising the work of the project team related to outfitting discipline.
- Preparing of outfitting discipline project documentation according to Technical Specification and regulations (Classification Societies, Administration, etc.), with the use of optimal solutions, both technical and economical, as well as supervision over that work.
- Preparing and developing calculations necessary in the design process.
- Supervising the whole shipbuilding process, starting from conceptual documentation ending with ship delivery.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Professional education on Bachelor or Master level related to shipbuilding.
- Experience in a similar position will be an advantage.
- 10 years of experience in preparing Outfitting Basic Design documentation like: Anchor and mooring, Life-saving appliances, arrangements, hatches, ladders etc.
- Good knowledge of technology and production process in shipbuilding.
- Proficiency in using and interpreting the regulations of classification societies and administration.
- Proficiency in verifying external technical documentation and documentation created by own project team.
- Very good knowledge of AutoCad, Rhinoceros, MS office.
- Cadmatic knowledge will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge related to project management.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, delegate and monitor tasks within a project.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- Very good communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in presentation techniques.
- Willingness to occasionally travel and work abroad.
- Very good command of English language (written & verbal).
WHAT WE OFFER
- Type of contract to be determined (B2B Contract/Contract of Employment).
- Taking part in ambitious and creative projects.
- Friendly and open team of colleagues.
- Stable employment in a leading company in shipbuilding industry.
- Work in a luxury office in Alchemia complex in Gdansk (Poland).
- Benefits including: life insurance and private medical care package.
- Fun and integrating initiatives in and outside the office.