Damen Engineering Gdansk is a competence center for engineering to order one offs and prototype vessels with a strong drive for optimizing ship performance. Being part of the “Damen family” with years of experience gives us a chance to participate in challenging projects and innovative technical solutions.
We are lucky to have 130 passionate and enthusiastic employees. Our team consists of Naval Architects, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers who are supported by a strong team of Project Managers and Supply Chain Specialists.
We are set up to be involved into the engineering process from the moment when an idea is generated by the client to the vessel delivery. We are responsible for transforming the initial design into a complete and practicable engineering package. The experienced engineering department is also involved during the production phase of each ship and provides support as necessary. Close collaboration with the client during the whole process allows us to quickly respond to any changes and ensure we are delivering tailor made solutions.
Lead Mechanical Engineer holds a critical role in leading and developing the mechanical discipline project team as well as monitoring the project progress in regards to supervised discipline in compliance with adopted standards and customer requirements.
- Defining required drawings, calculations and technical documentation, based on project assumptions and other available information.
- Ensuring the implementation of project tasks in accordance with the requirements of the Client and the Classification Society, and taking into account the production requirements.
- Coordination of project work performed by engineers and external partners.
- Assigning, coordinating and performing project activities in the time allotted and in accordance with accepted quality standards.
- Clarifying technical inquiries from the Purchasing, Customers and Production Department.
- Providing instructions and supervising the work of the project team.
- Defining deadlines and verifying the readiness of the sent conceptual documentation.
- Collaborating with the Classification Society, Customer, shipyard, subcontractors and stakeholders involved in the project from the Damen Group.
- Preparing of mechanical discipline project documentation according to Technical Specification and regulations (Classification Societies, Administration, etc.), with the use of optimal solutions, both technical and economical, as well as supervision over that work.
- Preparing and developing calculations necessary in the design process.
- Supervising the process of the preparation of Working Documentation, 3D model and construction of a vessel.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Higher education degree - min. Engineer in the mechanical area.
- 10 years of experience in preparing Basic Design documentation.
- Knowledge of the technology and production process in shipbuilding.
- Proficiency in using and interpreting the regulations of classification societies and administration.
- Proficiency in verifying external technical documentation and documentation created by own project team.
- Knowledge of AutoCad.
- Knowledge related to project management.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, delegate and monitor tasks within a project.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- Very good communication and presentation skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Taking part in ambitious and creative projects.
- Friendly and open team of colleagues.
- Stable employment in a leading company in shipbuilding industry.
- Work in a luxury office in Alchemia complex in Gdansk.
- Benefits including: life insurance, private medical care package and sports’ cards.
- Holiday leave bonus.
- Possibility to work from home - up to 2 days a week.
- Fun and integrating initiatives in and outside the office.